Bill & Leslie’s Excellent Adventure

As of this month my folks are now officially retired and have been chomping at the bit to hit the open road. Their plan is to leverage my fathers’ military status and use military aircrafts to travel in what ever direction the plane is headed. With one caveat, first stop Israel, to see their daughter whom they haven’t seen in nearly 2 years.
Their overall plan is a pretty cool one – The military aircrafts take passengers (only active and retired military) and it is not unusual for military retirees to hang out on base till the next plane has their desired location and hop on for a minimal cost or for free. So the plan is to fly to Germany (for free) and then figure it out from there how to get to Israel.
Now I know where I get it from: it has all come full circle from my first blog entry, Type A vs. Type B personalities. I have no idea when they are officially arriving or even from where. I don’t even know where to greet them upon their arrival. Can’t even book a hotel room yet and don’t know what to do with them once they arrive. The beauty is neither they nor I mind. Tee hee, tee hee
Most recent update is they are at the military base and instead of Germany they will be landing in Spain… to be continued…
Their overall plan is a pretty cool one – The military aircrafts take passengers (only active and retired military) and it is not unusual for military retirees to hang out on base till the next plane has their desired location and hop on for a minimal cost or for free. So the plan is to fly to Germany (for free) and then figure it out from there how to get to Israel.
Now I know where I get it from: it has all come full circle from my first blog entry, Type A vs. Type B personalities. I have no idea when they are officially arriving or even from where. I don’t even know where to greet them upon their arrival. Can’t even book a hotel room yet and don’t know what to do with them once they arrive. The beauty is neither they nor I mind. Tee hee, tee hee
Most recent update is they are at the military base and instead of Germany they will be landing in Spain… to be continued…


2 Comments:
Hi Pamela!
Just thinking about you and wanted to let you know. I always enjoy your blog...Miss you!
Kim Z.
P.S. The african violet you left me is STILL alive...the only plant I've ever kept alive! :)
Hey girlfriend -
Drop me a line when you can. we have so much to catch up on. Andrew and I miss you sooooo much.
Kris
Post a Comment
<< Home