Out of the Melting Pot into the Fire
Out of the Melting Pot into the Fire is a recently published online audio article that I participated in while living in Tel Aviv.
The independent online media source Common Language Project is a group of 3 young journalists traveling around the Middle East and other third world countries - Their Mission statement: "The mission of the Common Language Project is to develop innovative approaches to international journalism by focusing on positive, inclusive and humane reporting of stories ignored by the mainstream media." Definitely worth poking around their site.
It was a really interesting experience and I found them to be super cool and their cause meritable. However the lesson is there is no such thing as honest reporting - I say this because I sound like a JAPpy jackass in the piece...however the greater cause outweigh the ego of one JAP from New York/Boston. I think the article is really interesting, there are a few discrepancies on their part - I worked for a Jewish outreach organization not helping people make Aliyah - but again, the discrepancies don't really alter the content of the article - to their credit the discrepancies are minor.
Out of the Melting Pot into the Fire a full-length audio piece brings you the voices and motivations of Americans who choose to live in this troubled region.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home